Everybody is given 24 hours a day to live, to be productive, but everybody does things differently and gain result differently too. To have better result of you, better achievements, to be more productive you might want to set yourself in better way.
Here is the ABCDE method for your time management
In time management to define whether something is important is crucial.
So, imagine if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend that demand your attention right now. At the same time, you also have a paper to write that needs to submit soon. You also need to fix your camera because tomorrow you will visit places that worth capturing. All are important, so what to do first, second and so on? Check this out!
This ABCDE method will help you to set your priority over your jobs and duties.
“A” jobs is a task that is an OBLIGATION to do.
A-jobs will give you great benefit if you work on them and will leave you in regretful when you don’t do the jobs. It needs you to work on it immediately otherwise bad things will happen to you.
Never switch yourself to do B-jobs if you haven’t completed your A-jobs list!
B is a task that only us can do that, doesn’t bring as much benefit as A-jobs but you shouldn’t forget it
B-jobs are not emergency to do but it has to be you to get them done. They won’t give you as great benefit as A-jobs if you work on them but still could leave you in regretful when you don’t do the jobs. B-jobs don’t necessarily to be done immediately. Yet you still have to do those.
C is a task that you have to do, sometimes bring you pleasure.
C-jobs are not emergency, neither bring much benefit but you still need to do it. C-jobs demand you to lose some money or time and C-jobs give you pleasure. For example; your granny come along to see you and spend quality time as a family. If you miss your meeting with your family, they will hate you.
D is a task that you can delegate to.
If you have more time you can do it yourself, if you have money to let others do it for you in more professional way then please do.
E job is not essential to do. We do it when we are bored, jut to entertain us. C
E-jobs will bring no harm when we do that, nor benefit for us.
Time is meaningful if we do meaningful tasks
Always remember that priority from one and another is different. For example if you are an actress and you have a to-do-list such as below:
- Meeting an old friend that went to the same school
- Read script for film shooting
- Watch favorite TV show
- Buy a delicious coffee latte at street corner
- spend some time with your movie partner
So what you need to do next is to decide the impact to you.
- Meeting an old friend –> She misses you so much and if you don’t meet her she might hate you. Well maybe you can spend 10-30 minutes for her. Then it’s C.
- Read script for film shooting –> This movie will change your life, your career and tomorrow you need to memorize all he dialog for scene 10. Then it’s an A job.
- Watch favorite TV show –> You like it so much, you can’t miss it but if you do then there is nothing will happen to you.
- Buy a delicious coffee latte at street corner –> You crave it so much but you don’t have time for that because the queue is insanely long. You remember that your assistant has nothing to do at the moment, so why not have her/him to buy the coffee latte for you. It’s D.
- spend some time with your movie partner –> You need to practice to avoid mistake in tomorrow’s film shooting. You can practice by yourself without him/her but if you practice with him/her that’s better. Then B.
And if you are just a high school student that given a homework to make a short movie and have the same list then the priority is like this:
- Meeting an old friend that went to the same school –> Well you meet her once a month you talk about boys and stuff, not really important. It’s C.
- Read script for film shooting –> You only have one line, you only have to know when to speak but it’s obligation for me to do it. So, it’s A. It might take you a minute but still at the top of your priority. Do not move to B until you finish reading your short line.
- Watch favorite TV show –> It’s E
- Buy a delicious coffee latte at street corner –> E also
- spend some time with your movie partner –> You meet him/her everyday and not necessarily to practice. It’s E.
You see, different people will have different priority and you don’t necessarily need to all the ABCDE jobs but definitely you need to catagorize all your jobs and do your A-jobs first.
If you hate your job but you are obliged to do it, the fastest way to escape is by doing it. If you have better job to do that give the same or even higher compensation than what you receive today then switch to it. Remember, always know yourself to know what you deserve and suppose to do/have.
There are jobs with good salary, but very frustrating work mates. Some jobs are fun, good work colleagues but low salary. Some jobs are not fun, but the team are so nice, good salary but you got annoying boss.
Nothing is perfect, what you can do is to measure how much you adapt to it.
If you can stand with frustrating work mates as long as the pay if good, why not.
Always remember that you can’t predict the tide that comes along to your ship but you can always adjust your sail and survive the storm eventually.